It is the first example in our country for roller skating races, which are very common in the world, integrated with running races. Within the scope of running races, it was the first skating run and the first skating run with chip time measurement. It invites more people to run and move for a healthy life.
This race is done with 4 rows of roller skates (inline skate).
Start: Eker Meydan
Finish: Eker Meydan
Start Date ve Time: It will be announced.
Finish Time: It will be announced.
Course: Between Eker Meydan - Çamlıca Kavşağı
Distance: 10km (5 x 2km)
Inline Skate Details and Rules
Inline Skate and Quad Skate can be used. Maximum wheel diameter for inline skate is 125mm.
Participants can use all types of Inline Skate skates such as Fitness, Urban, Aggressive, Speed, Street Hockey.
It is mandatory to use a helmet. In addition, it is recommended to use knee, elbow and wrist guards. Because skating is a high speed sport, falls can cause serious injuries. Protection equipment will allow you to suffer less damage in such situations.
The race track will be completed with a total of 10 km by making 5 laps, 1 of which is 2 km. Each participant has to keep track of their own number of laps. Participants who want to quit the race can finish the race without completing 5 laps. Participants in this situation must finish the race by passing through the finishing area shown to them.
Time measurement will be made with the chips that will be given to the competitors. Chips must be installed correctly in accordance with the instructions and carried throughout the race. A competitor without a chip has no time. Competitors must wear their race numbers visibly.
The time limit for the race is 40 minutes.
- Wait in the start area in a line suitable for your target speed
- Remember, the important thing is to have fun.
- It is free to draft during the race. Draft means following the skater in a single line behind the leading skater. This belt shape means less wind drag for those following behind. Taking turns with the person in front of the line would be a gentlemanly move.
- Prioritize the passing of the fast ones during the race.
* When the person in front of you slows down during the draft, try to keep the range by pushing him forward from waist level with both hands; Avoid contacts that will make the leader lose his balance.
* Even if people who finish the race with help from outside or another participant enter the top 3, their ranks are transferred to the next person.
* Slow gliding participants should use the outer side of the road according to the direction of travel and leave the inner side to the fast participants. When approaching the arrival end of the round turn, a lane will be separated by skittles on the outermost side. Those who will leave the race must cross the entry and arrival line in this lane. Slow skaters should slide from the far right in the lane, leaving the left side to fast skaters.
* Competitors should form a single line as much as possible and avoid crowds.
* Be careful that your steps do not collide when there are others around you.
* Decrease your speed to a non-hazardous level at the points where the U-turn will be made and complete the turn safely.
* Show uneven ground, bumps or potholes on the road to those behind you.
It is forbidden to use headphones during the race. Listening to music with headphones during the race can be dangerous as it will prevent you from hearing the surroundings.
1. Physically blocking other competitors, preventing the faster competitors from passing you by getting ahead of them.
2. Throwing plastic bottles, garbage, etc. foreign objects or spilling water on the race route.
3. Join with someone else's number.
4. Listening to music with headphones.
5. Participating in a race without a helmet.