Eker I Run 42K Marathon Race: is a road marathon, starting from the elevation of 1793 m in the Uludag hotels zone, downhill to the Eker Square (117 m elevation). It is Turkey’s 5th roadtrack and 1st downhill marathon.
As you escape the hustle and bustle of city life, you will step into the embrace of nature and run along breathtaking landscapes on the 42K marathon course of Eker I Run.
As you pass through the depths of the forest, the cool shade of the trees will accompany you, and you will feel an inner motivation to increase your speed. While some climbs may challenge you, all your efforts will be worth it. You will savor the taste of freedom during descents, and as you swiftly approach the finish line in the last kilometers, you will be cheered on by the spectators.
The 42K course of Eker I Run offers a spiritually enriching experience that will empower you and push the limits of your runner's spirit.
Downhill marathons offer the opportunity to run faster than flat marathons. Climbing stages and running above sea level (more than 350 meters) cause performance loss.
Notes for Marathon
* Eker I Run Uludağ Marathon is run at an average altitude of 914 m during 42,195 m. The first 10km is above 1500 meters and the last 10km is below 300 meters. The effect of running at height is minimal, as the first 2km consists almost entirely of descents, except for minor ascents.
* By using the roads on the southern slope of Uludağ, it reaches Eker Square by connecting to Orhaneli Road over Tuzaklı village. It offers breathtaking views of green and blue tones.
* The first 18.7km of the track is above an altitude of 1000m. There is a total of 550 meters of climbing and 2230 meters of descent on the route.
This is a marathon PB or Boston -Qualifier course for the well prepared. According to Richard A. Lovett ( co author with Alberto Salazar of “Guide to Road Racing” book) states formulas for some up & downhill calculations. So it is possible a well prepared 5:00 pace marathon runner can better 5 minutes. This means 2% bettering in time and 3:25 result instead of 3:29:45. Detailed reading Link: at this Runners World article.
- Water Points: 5.km-10.km-15,5.km-19.km-21.km-25.km-30.km-35.km-37,5km-39,5km
- Food Points: 15,5km - 30.km
* At the 19th km (at an elevation of 900 meters, Kirazlı Köyü), participants will be able to leave and retrieve clothing and accessory items.
- Participants will be transported to the start area free of charge by the organization. The shuttle will only accommodate participants. Shuttle registration should be done during the Race Kit Distribution. Transportation to the marathon start area will be provided with shuttles departing from in front of Vatan Computer, located across from Eker Meydan AVM. The estimated travel time will be around 50-65 minutes, depending on weather and road conditions.
- The shuttle departure time is 05:30, and the departure point is across from Eker Meydan (there may be slight changes).
- The organization shuttles will be announced in September.
- Participants who choose to go to the starting areas on their own must comply with road closure restrictions.
Marathon runners will be provided with 2 drop bags.
- 1. Bag: It is left at Kurbağa Kaya before the start and can be collected at the cloakroom area in Eker Meydan.
- 2. Bag: It is left at the Eker Meydan registration area 1 day before the race. Equipment can be taken from or left in this bag at the Kirazlı Köyü supply point.
* Drop bags are not collected on the race day morning.
Start: Uludağ, in front of Kurbağa Kaya Station
Finish: Eker Meydan
Course Direction: Uludağ hotels area > Kirazlı Village> Doğancılar > Eker Meydan
Start Time: 1st October 2023 - 07.30
Finish Time: 14.00
Time limit: 6,5 hours
Start Altitude: 1795m
Highest Altitude: 1884m
Total Ascent: 550m
Total Descent: 2230m